04 February 2008

7 unrelated things


  1. I love when I actually care how a sporting event turns out and it turns out that way. Not that I’m a big Giants fan, I just find the Patriots annoying. So full of themselves. Also, it was nice for Eli to get out of Peyton’s shadow for a bit. Although, where does that leave Cooper?

  2. What was up with that short-sleeved hoodie that Belichick was rocking? What’s the point of that? It’s like wearing a short-sleeved suit jacket or something. If it’s cold enough for a sweatshirt, it’s cold enough for sleeves. Just push the sleeves up like a normal person, dude.

  3. The library just notified me that the book I requested is available for pick-up. They provide such amazing service. How great is it that I ask for a book (just fill out a short, online form from the comfort of my home) and they either buy it or get it from another library for me? Use your library, people…

  4. I got an iphone this weekend. It may in fact be the coolest thing ever. Every time I look at it I expect it to emit a heavenly glow and for a chorus of angels to start singing…

  5. When I was putting on my pants this morning, I noticed that the laundry tag says "Machine wash, gentle cycle, inside out". What? They are plain, black, cotton, normal pants. What possible harm could befall them via a regular cycle right-side-out washing?

  6. I made granola last night, which turned out totally tasty. I put in oats, wheat germ, sunflower seeds, rice krispies, and almonds and sweetened it with honey and maple syrup and brown sugar. It baked up all golden and crunchy and delicious. And, it's super easy. It's like dump in ingredients, mix, dump on cookie sheet, bake.

  7. You know that part of the theme song to The Jeffersons where it goes “fish don’t fry in the kitchen; beans don’t burn on the grill”? What’s that about?

No comments: