21 November 2008

Seven unrelated things

  1. El Segundo has come up twice this week on TV shows I was watching. And each time, all I can think of is "I left my wallet in El Segundo" (which has caused me to walk around all week muttering "I gotta get it, I got got to get it...")

  2. I find diamond jewelry commercials weirdly affecting.  I don't even wear or like that kind of jewelry, but lately the sappy Kay Jewlery commercials have struck me as sweet.

  3. How is it possible that Thanksgiving is on Thursday?

  4. The Ashlee Simpson/Pete Wentz spawn finally arrived, and they named the kid Bronx Mowgli.  So...they love NY and The Jungle Book?  What is with celebrities and the jacked-up baby names

  5. Have you seen the giant blue sculpture between the Dept. of Ed and the Civic Center (it's on Gaines St. + MLK Dr.)?  I like it, but apparently it's not sticking around forever.  Also, they fixed up that park.  It looks quite nice

  6. Have I mentioned that I've taken up jogging?  I tried it a while back but fell off the wagon.  I'm really not particularly fond of running, but I've decided to suck it up and learn to like it.  Still very slow...the 4 minute mile has nothing to fear from me.

  7. And now the weekend begins in T- minus 1 hour.  Hooray!

No comments: