26 October 2007

7 unrelated things

  1. Finally, it's starting to act like fall. The real one. We had the traditional false start a couple weeks ago. Every year we get the fake-out fall for a couple of days, then it warms up again. Now I think we might actually be beginning the slow decline into the under 70 degree high.
  2. Are all credit card companies evil, or just mine? They are currently trying to screw me out of a late fee, because of goddamn Columbus Day. I will not yield.
  3. Old moustaches are funny.
  4. I want to buy a new mountain bike, but there are too many choices
  5. All my camellias are getting ready to bloom. I love a flower that blooms in the fall and winter. The Pink Perfection (pictured) is my favorite. I don't have one in my yard, but there is one in my neighbor's yard, just on the other side of the fence. The blooms are well within easy stealing distance. I also learned this today: "Elizabeth, the Queen Mother grew Camellia in all of her gardens. As her body was taken from Royal Lodge, Windsor to lie in state at Westminster Hall of the Palace of Westminster, a Camellia from her gardens was placed on top of the flag-draped coffin."
  6. I have to go to Orlando twice in the next two weeks. Orlando is stupid. I always get lost there.
  7. All ya'll should be watching Pushing Daisies. Ned is my new TV boyfriend.

No comments: