06 December 2007

sing it, ladies

So I was only in the bagel place this morning long enough to order up and pay for a bagel and fill my cup with beverage, but it was long enough to hear 2 songs playing on the restaurant sound system. Those 2 songs? 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton and Queen of Hearts by Juice Newton. I don't know if I happened in while they were playing their Hits of the '80's, the Ladies Edition or what, but it was odd.

Also, I haven't heard either of those songs in years (although I have seen the movie 9 to 5 somewhat recently. I tend to watch at least a bit of it every time I stumble across it on cable, which is fairly often since it is always on. I love that movie. Plus, I never get tired of everyone calling Dabney Coleman a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot.) But, I still knew all the words to both of these songs. Every. Single. Word.

Just more stuff taking up the space in my brain where things like algebra used to be.

No comments: